Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Rain, Traffic and Colombo

So late to drop S in school today, I mean what with the rains who can wake up early in the morning. Driving in duplication road I was getting stressed that it was eight and we were going to miss one whole lesson but then he is five years so that wont really harm is intellect so decided to distract myself ( I would not even try to attempt the nursery rhymes with actions). Driving in Colombo you don’t need to do anything to distract yourself since the fellow drivers give us enough entertainment to last a life time.

Hear a non stop hooting behind turn around and a pissed off looking girl stares at me. Arch my eye brows asking her what she gives me annoyed look. Now I am really confused do I know her? S who is always double bent in the car pops up and the girl looks at him in shock and turns her face. WTF was that about… women ok we are complicated. At least she stopped her sound pollution bit.

Look out of the window at a moving bus feel like someone’s waving I look a guy shows his finger. This is like the fifth time this is happened. Some weirdo sticking his finger up. I know I should have done something equally rude but then I don’t want the five year old picking up rude gestures.

Look at the car in front of me with this sign which said “honk if you are horny” ………
Big bus comes and breaks right next to me then decides that he will cross over in the middle of thurstan road to the other side…….. the pleasures of driving in Colombo are endless…………..

4 comments:

Angel Eyes said...

ha ha your post draws up quite a comic and vivid pic...
ya….traffic sure is a killer

Lady divine said...

"honk if u r horny" ? So did u honk?:P
just kidding...:)

ah well, the pleasures of driving in this island are endless indeed!!
everyday is a new experience! As for me, if I'm pissed I definitely show the finger...;)

realskullzero said...

haha..typical srilankan traffic..lolz

Bimmy said...

Tune your Radio to 89.5 - I find that morning show hilariously funny - it keeps me sane in the morning traffic.