Saturday, November 17, 2007

Business Proposals

While on maternity leave was contemplating ditching the job and starting my own business. Had many bright ideas (so I thought myself). Now when I think of it am glad did not venture out.

Planning birthday parties for kids and having a venue with all fun stuff to do. Wanted to call it party poppers( aka poopers). Anyways was having endless discussions with a couple of friends and had a good laugh. When I really sat down and thought of it did I want to handle kids day in day out running parties. But the thing with that kind of business is kids are always around and would have been profitable business.
Start abacus classes. This is the new maths thing using all the beads and stuff. Went to meet people about it and apply for franchise blah and I don’t know never got around doing it.

What I realized with all this proposals was that starting out with friends might not work out for me. And doing a business with kids involved is risky. You are responsible for the kids and I was not ready for that kind of thing( 2 is risky enough).

Presently at a work environment where most people are single or don’t have kids. So its two different worlds which might never meet at any point.

No comments: