Thursday, November 29, 2007

Another Day in Paradise!!

Last evening had to be spent waiting for my turn at the Pediatricians. For some reason the best doctors in town be it kids docs or gynecologists just cannot be on time. Was stuck for three hours with a fretting kid. Anyways I think my problems were very much smaller than what was happening in and around town.

When I heard the news quickly called up to check where family was friends were. I was panicking so much. But how much can you check, was annoyed with the best friend whose mobile was switched off for a good two hours and non reachable on direct line. By this time the stupid mobile ran out of battery.

Parents called me up and told not to hang around shopping complexes or sales too much ( god they make me sound like the mc dudes). I have not found time to stop anywhere these days. But whenever I am free I do have a habit of stopping at sales and shops at peak times. The probability of getting caught in a situation like that is there for everyone.

Was a bit worried that might die of early and who are going to look after the kids. H is clueless about what the kids’ activities are. Was getting more panicky about my dilemma by the minute and called up a friend who reassured me “ only the good die young” and surely u are not in that category!

Now its time to look at migration again and play my part in that big brain drain in the country. But all this talk and I will not leave the country, will forget about this when the schools are open and things are normal and we are back in the Christmas sales.

No comments: