Friday, November 9, 2007

On Sweets and Rats!

Its strange how kids these days know so much more than I do. Day before deepavali was cleaning the house and listened to D going on about the story behind the festival of lights. I should be ashamed of myself but I had a vague idea only about what it was all about. Now I am enlightened about Deepavali ( Have been very materialistic all these years only concentrating on sweets and new clothes)

Yesterday was good fun went to temple, visited relatives and changed about three sets of new clothes and ate far too much of sweets which is frankly a waste on my waist! Only while delivering sweets to friends had to stop at odel, while getting out of the car the driver handed me a box of sweets. He assumed my close friend works there (what with the stopping there all the time every week). Was too embarrassed to explain otherwise so took the sweets. Must reduce visits.

So woke up in the morning with a sugar high what with trying aunties cousins friends sweets was feeling sick. Made my coffee and went into the backyard saw a tiny rat( I am scared of all kinds of animals and rats are a big no no). Dropped coffee cup ran back in and locked door. That was the end of any morning activity. M gave me an insight about how old the rat could be apparently a week old have no idea how he arrived at that conclusion, but then M knows everything !!! Poor kids had to leave with cereal only and now I am having visions of the tiny fellow inside the house….. (what with all the left over sweet the mice must be at play)

No comments: