Monday, November 26, 2007

How a Woman should be?

As explained in one of my previous posts, work has been a big headache due to product defects. It’s become stricter with sourcing goods. My colleague was off work today and told me to keep an eye on his section.

His supplier turned up with some crap and had to reject it. The supplier did not take it too well. He had the nerve to say “Do you know how a woman should behave? Even a man like M won’t reject this. Be like a woman you are a shame to all women in general”

I got really upset and lost my temper. But later just thinking about the whole thing made me realize that’s what he wanted anyways for me to lose my temper. I could not keep it in check. The days I pay his bill it does not make a difference whether I am a woman or man but if u point out mistakes it becomes one big thing blown up.

I sometimes wonder if I am becoming too aggressive. So being aggressive, assertive is for guys and not for girls is it? I used to be a doormat nodding my head to everything but no promotion no responsibility came my way. Due to some circumstances I had to change my ways and am back with a better job responsibility and having a good career. So should learn to ignore and go on with whats left to do. Cause as I read somewhere " money when it’s being brought in as profits does not know the gender u are! "

No comments: